Learn about the different components and how they work together to produce a Daml solution.
Begin your journey
- Learn the basics of the Daml language and how to write smart contracts by going through the Introduction to Daml section of the Daml docs. The section will help you understand what templates, choices, parties, and contract signatories
- Complement your learning experience with hands-on interactive tutorials that guide you through the create, build, run, and modify process for a full-stack Daml application.
- Consolidate your knowledge of the basic Daml concepts by going through the fundamental concepts in Daml interactive scenario
Daml Application Architecture
- To write an application around a Daml ledger, you’ll need to interact with the Ledger API from another language. Every ledger that Daml can run on exposes this same API and the set of services.
- Learn how to interact with a Daml ledger using a simpler API - the JSON API. It provides the basic functionalities such as creating contracts, exercising choices, querying the active contract set, and listing all known parties. Make sure you go over the HTTP status codes and error messages.
- Read about Daml’s out-of-the-box SDK tooling: Daml assistant - a command line tool; navigator - frontend that allows you to easily inspect and modify a Daml ledger; and Daml REPL
- Refresh your knowledge on Daml scripts by running the interactive tutorial one more time and/or by going over the docs.
- Read about the Daml Sandbox, a simple ledger implementation that enables rapid application prototyping by simulating a Daml Ledger