About Digital Asset
Digital Asset is among the fastest growing, most recognized fin-tech startups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services.
Digital Asset applies a rigorous customer-driven approach to deliver on our vision for a better global financial system, enabled by distributed ledger technology.
- Our culture is "all-in" and rewards collaboration, integrity and excellence.
- We value each other, what we do for our clients and how we do it.
- Our mission is delivering breakthrough distributed ledger solutions.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate and are driven by the opportunity to have impact, the following opportunity may be right for you.
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer, the Security Engineer will be involved in maturing all aspects of the infrastructure security, including identity and access management, data protection, vulnerability management, SIEM, cloud infrastructure, etc, and driving and managing security processes within our globally distributed Engineering team. This role will partner with other team members focused on security governance, policy and procedures to help the firm meet regulatory and compliance requirements (SOC2, ISO27001, GDPR) as we enhance our security posture to meet enterprise grade standards expected from our clients and partners.
What We Are Using:
- Business services (Google GSuite, Docs and Drive) for data storage and collaboration.
- Cloud services (AWS, GCP) for both corporate and customer-facing services, Kubernetes and Docker containers for rapid deployment.
- Java and Scala for backend development, Haskell for DSL tools and formal methods. GitHub, Buck, Jenkins.
- Agile/Scrum and modern software engineering practices (SBE / TDD / CI / CD etc.)
- Facilitate the delivery of a unique Distributed Ledger platform with world class robustness and security properties.
- Develop and communicate the company’s risk management posture, threat model, and controls for securing cloud infrastructure and related services.
- Swiftly identify and track outstanding risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Drive and manage vulnerability processes and third-party security audits.
- Develop and collaborate on cloud hosted security control architectures, patterns, and processes.
- Design and implement cyber attack detection and countermeasure capabilities based on understanding common attack vectors, malware trends, kill chain, etc.
- Develop sustainable identity and access management solutions.
- Manage data access controls and data loss protection.
- Partner with IT on secure configuration management, logical perimeter design and oversight.
- Partner heavily with security professionals focused primarily on application security and security policy.
- Although it’s not the primary responsibility, take part in operational readiness, incident response and recovery.
- Ideally, 5+ years experience as a software and/or security engineer, working in a globally distributed development environment.
- Proven history of delivering high-quality, increasingly complex, commercial software products to a global market.
- Minimum of 5 years information security experience securing enterprise infrastructure involving:
- Network security controls e.g. network mapping, monitoring, and vulnerability scanning
- Data Classification and Access Controls, DLP
- Identity and access management
- SIEM and Security Operations
- Anti-malware, ransomware and other end-user controls
- Hands-on security experience engineering pragmatic solutions.
- Servant-leader who drives security processes and themes by example, through tools, and with automation.
- Experience defining and driving the security vision, as well as building and validating sound security foundations.
- Experience meeting regulatory and compliance requirements (SOC2, ISO27001, GDPR).
- Confident & "all in" mentality.
- Collaborative approach that factors, embraces and insists upon diverse perspectives as a strategic imperative.
- Open, strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
- Continuous growth mindset with strong disposition toward innovation and entrepreneurial ways of working.
- Courage of convictions with a high degree of humility. Embraces constructive feedback and is resilient.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, or related security discipline.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a powerful team of financial services and technology innovators from cross sector startups and enterprise.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact HR@digitalasset.com.