About Digital Asset
Digital Asset is among the fastest growing, most recognized fin-tech start-ups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services.
A growth company and industry leader, Digital Asset brings an unyielding approach to advancing client interests. Simply stated, our vision is for a better global financial system, enabled by distributed ledger technology.
- Our culture is "all-in" and rewards directness, integrity and excellence.
- We value each other, what we do for our clients and how we do it.
- Our mission is delivering breakthrough distributed ledger solutions.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning.If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate and are drivenby the opportunity to have impact, the following opportunity may be right for you.
Work as part of the globally distributed Tools and Infrastructure team to define, develop, deliver, and maintain Digital Asset’s build, test and release infrastructure. Be a key member of a small, but high-impact, cross-organizational Enterprise Engineering group.
What we are using:
- Python and Haskell for tooling
- Buck/Bazel, Nix, SBT, Haskell’s Stack, and yarn to build software
- Jenkins and Hydra for continuous integration
- AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, and Docker for deployments and infrastructure
- Infrastructure-as-code and immutable infrastructure paradigms
- Design, build and deliver high quality product (build, test and release tools and infrastructure) to our internal customers (DA’s engineering team).
- Understand how DA’s build, test and release infrastructure is being used by our software engineers on a day-to-day basis.
- Understand how DA’s clients are operating their on-premise deployments.
- DevOps process and mindset remain part of our engineering culture: building, releasing and deploying is everybody’s responsibility. Your job is to enable that with high quality infrastructure, tools, standards, and processes.
- Share lessons and experience from your projects so that the team and organisation constantly improves how we build software, promote scalable practices for fast and seamless build.
- Be a developer: You’ll need to work with all of DA components, think about their build, test and runtime behaviour, and work with the delivery team to make the software deploy reliably in production environments.
- Provide tools and mechanisms for engineers around you to measure, maintain and enforce consistently high code quality.
- Enable engineers to quickly diagnose build failures; enable fast debug and development cycle, and accelerate root cause analysis.
- Ideally, 10+ years experience as a software engineer, working in a globally distributed development environment.
- Proven history of enabling the delivery, through tools, infrastructure and education, of high-quality, increasingly complex, commercial software products to a global market.
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience delivering mission-critical technology to the enterprise software market using Agile methodologies.
- Polyglot with a strong command of at least 3 programming languages, both functional and non-functional, including but not limited to, Java, Scala, Python, TypeScript, Nix and Haskell.
- Experience with diverse build systems (e.g. SBT, Bazel, Cabal), continuous integration and deployment systems (e.g. Jenkins, Hydra).
- Experience deploying software targeting Linux and Windows environments, including multi-client, cloud and on-premise.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership: Digital Asset’s software runs operations for major financial markets worldwide. It must be delivered fast and reliably.
- “All-in” mentality: understand our products, fix broken systems, take the load off others when they need help, strive towards best solutions.
- Open, strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
- Courage of convictions with a high degree of humility. Embraces constructive feedback and is resilient.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, or related discipline.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a powerful team of financial services and technology innovators from cross sector startups and enterprise.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact HR@digitalasset.com.