About Digital Asset
Digital Asset is among the fastest growing, most recognized fin-tech start-ups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services.
A growth company and industry leader, Digital Asset brings an unyielding approach to advancing client interests. Simply stated, our vision is for a better global financial system, enabled by distributed ledger technology.
- Our culture is "all-in" and rewards directness, integrity and excellence.
- We value each other, what we do for our clients and how we do it.
- Our mission is delivering breakthrough distributed ledger solutions.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning.If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate and are drivenby the opportunity to have impact, the following opportunity may be right for you.
Work as part of the globally distributed Engineering team in close collaboration with the Quality Engineering team, the delivery teams and the Head of Engineering to define, develop, deliver and maintain Digital Asset’s build, test and release pipeline. Be a key member of the elite, cross-organizational Engineering Productivity group.
Success in this Role
- Quickly build and ship high quality products to our customers’ highest satisfaction. To this effect, design, support and promote scalable practises for fast and seamless build.
- Understand how DA’s build, test and release pipeline is being used by our software and operations engineers on a day-to-day basis. Understand how DA’s clients are operating their on-premise deployments. Our infrastructure and processes always meet our clients’ high demands.
- DevOps process and mindset remain part of our engineering culture: building, releasing and deploying is everybody’s responsibility. Your job is to enable that with proper infrastructure, standards, processes, and education.
- Share lessons and experience from your projects so that the team and organisation constantly improves how we build software.
- Be a developer: You’ll need to wrangle our components, think about their build, test and runtime dependencies, and work with the delivery team to come up with creative but robust ways to disentangle them.
- Causes of build failures are diagnosed quickly; enable fast recovery and root cause analysis.
- Your team and manager have situational awareness of status, blockers, risks, and necessary management decisions, enabling you to work with maximum efficiency.
Required Domain Knowledge
- Experience with multi-client, on-premise production deployments
- Experience with major build systems such as Maven and SBT
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
What are we Using
- Java, Scala and Haskell for backend development of new technology concepts
- Typescript and Python for front-end development
- Maven, SBT, Buck, Haskell Stack, Python pip
- Jenkins, AWS
- Agile/Scrum and modern software engineering practices, in particular continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Cloud services and containers for rapid deployment
In Order to Excel
- Be a team player, but remember your job: You’ll need to be very comfortable working day-to-day as part of an engineering team shipping production code, while remaining accountable solely to the Engineering Productivity group.
- Be accountable and own the outcome: Digital Asset’s software runs operations for major financial markets worldwide. It must be delivered fast and reliably.
- Understand our products completely: you'll be an expert on our components with respect to their build, test and runtime dependencies.
- Advocate for your group: Engineering Productivity is a small group of experts shared by the entire organization. Teams will compete for your assistance. Your advocacy, professionalism, and results will make that happen. Be worth it.
- Be ‘all in’: Fix broken things. Take the load off others when they need help. Reject second best.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a powerful team of financial services and technology innovators from cross sector startups and enterprise.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact HR@digitalasset.com.