About Digital Asset
Digital Asset is among the fastest growing, most recognized fin-tech startups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services.
Digital Asset applies a rigorous customer-driven approach to deliver on our vision for a better global financial system, enabled by distributed ledger technology.
- Our culture is "all-in" and rewards collaboration, integrity and excellence.
- We value each other, what we do for our clients and how we do it.
- Our mission is delivering breakthrough distributed ledger solutions.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate and are driven by the opportunity to have an impact, the following opportunity may be right for you.
A Software Engineer, Enterprise Readiness’ (SEER) mission is to ensure our product is ready to be deployed for mission-critical high volume low latency applications. SEERs will make our product enterprise-ready by baking in and ensuring the responsiveness, resiliency, configurability, debuggability, audibility, testability, upgradability and security of our products.
- Design and develop reusable frameworks for enterprise features such as configuration, management and logging.
- Develop reference implementations of our platform and SDK to uncover critical problems in them while coming up with the best practices.
- Practice systems-design thinking, able to see the big picture, understand how all components work together holistically, and create a roadmap to achieve development initiatives.
- Develop test infrastructure and frameworks to facilitate functional and performance testing.
- Develop tooling to troubleshoot failures, analyze trends, identify and escalate issues appropriately. Report status to management when necessary.
- Ideally, 10+ years experience as a software engineer, working in a globally distributed development environment with a proven history of delivering commercial software products to global markets.
- Polyglot with a strong command of at least 2 functional and/or non-functional programming languages, including but not limited to, Java, Scala, F#, OCaml, Clojure and Haskell.
- Continuous learning mindset and learning of new programming language paradigms
- Strong programming fundamentals (data structures and algorithm design)
- Strong engineering fundamentals (testing, code reviews, code structure, readable and maintainable code)
- Be accountable and own the outcome: Digital Asset’s software runs operations for major financial markets worldwide. It must work reliably. You are leading that effort.
- Question everything: interface and API designs, system usage patterns, security attributes, code structure - while being aware of priorities.
- Advocate for your group: Enterprise Engineering is a small group of experts shared by the entire organization. Teams will compete for your assistance. Your advocacy, professionalism, and results will make that happen. Be worth it.
- Be ‘all in’: Fix broken things. Take the load off others when they need help. Reject second best.
- Collaborative approach that factors and embraces and insists upon diverse perspectives as a strategic imperative.
- Open, strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
- A natural leader who builds productive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Continuous growth mindset with a strong disposition toward innovation and entrepreneurial ways of working.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a powerful team of financial services and technology innovators from cross sector startups and enterprise.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact HR@digitalasset.com.